Justice and Rights Institute (JuRI) Nepal, established in 2011 is a nonprofit organization working in the field of protection and promotion of human rights and strengthening social justice and rule of law in Nepal. It envisions a fair, just and democratic Nepali society that upholds all human rights including the civil, political and economic, social and cultural rights (ESCR) of all. JuRI-Nepal brings together lawyers, human rights defenders (HRDs) and professionals engaged in the field of human rights, rule of law, social and gender justice, feminist leadership, governance and sustainable development.
JuRI-Nepal in collaboration with Feminist Dalit Organization (FEDO) is implementing a project entitled “Pathways from trauma to empowerment – fostering social norms change through storytelling and collective mobilization project“ with the funding support from United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women). The project focus areas are six LGUs from Kailali and Doti district of Sudurpachhim Province and four LGUs from Surkhet district of Karnali Province.
The overall goal of project is to enhanced collective leadership and socio-economic opportunities of women and marginalized groups to respond post COVID-19 impact and tackles structural gender inequalities by transforming social norms and harmful practices in project areas. The key elements of the project include – addressing women’s practical needs and gender-based vulnerabilities through the provision of essential supplies and services to enable them to meet their immediate socioeconomic needs in the COVID-19 context; enhancing skills of women and marginalized groups on gender equality, inclusion and advocacy to advocate for social norms change at local levels; strengthening economic security by providing sustainable livelihood opportunities, re-skilling and supporting women’s collectives and reinforcing collective mobilization of women and marginalized groups for leadership development, movement building and advocacy for social norm change.
JuRI -Nepal hereby invites applications for the below mentioned position, from interested professionals.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator – 1
Duty Station: JuRI-Nepal Office, Jwagal Lalitpur with frequent visits to the project locations
Duration: 8 months (with possibility of extension upon funding).
The position holder will be responsible to facilitate project M&E plan and ensure result based project monitoring, documentation and reporting of the project. The Detail ToR can be downloaded from here.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Human Rights, Social Work, Gender Studies, or Social sciences with at least 5 years of work experience in a relevant field;
- Knowledge about the federal structure of governance ;
- Ability to multitask and work in a team;
- Excellent time management skill and ability to work efficiently under pressure;
- Intense presentation and communication skills in both English and Nepali language;
- Willing and able to travel to the project implementation area extensively;
- Intense knowledge and skills on result based monitoring, reporting and documentation skills;
- Experience in digital data management, and skill on statistical software is preferred;
- Data analysis, presentation and interpretation skills is mandatory;
- English language proficiency and computer skills is must;
Monthly Gross Salary: NRs.76,000/-
To apply: Applicant should include a cover letter, updated CV with two references. The application needs to be received latest by 17:00 Hrs. of April 22, 2022 (9th Baisakh, 2079) in email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“JuRI-Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
USAID’s Sajhedari – Support to Federalism, is to provide technical assistance to the Government of Nepal (GoN) in transitioning to a federation of provinces with more effective, accountable, responsive, and inclusive local governance.
Through USAID’s Newly Elected Women Leaders for Peace and Security Supplemental Statement of Work, Sajhedari strengthens women’s leadership to address emergent women’s issues resulting from the COVID-19 crisis and contributes to Nepal’s peace, security, and reconciliation. Sajhedari has contracted JuRI Nepal to support subnational level policies and practices to address pre-existent WPS issues and new COVID-19 challenges affecting women.
JuRI-Nepal is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization established in 2011 by a team of Law and Human rights professionals. It holds the National Secretariat of ESCR Network; member of HRTMCC and Member Secretary of CSO-SAAN. JuRI-Nepal is offering its service through its four strategic pillars including (a) federalism and sub-national governance; (b) rule of law and transitional justice; (c) economic, social and cultural rights and social justice; and (d) access to justice (GBV and CBD). JuRI-Nepal seeks application from an interested candidate for the position of Project Coordinator for the period of 10 months starting from Mid-August 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as the focal point of the project and responsible for overall day-to-day functions,
- Ensure, as a team leader, effective implementation, management and monitoring of the project through the development of required guidelines, plans and strategies, including ensuring proper guidance and direction to the relevant staffs and partners.
- Coordinate all project activities at the central and field level,
Coordination and Reporting:
- Work as ‘project focal person’ to ensure close coordination with the donor, Executive Committee and Executive Director of JuRI-Nepal and project staff in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the project;
- Ensure compliance of the project and provide regular inputs to the experts and other relevant staffs/consultants of the project;
- Coordinate with finance and admin section and ensure financial compliance and delivery as per the DPs requirements;
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the field to implement the project activities ensuring effective and efficient communication between the project and JuRI Nepal;
- Build effective working relationships with wider stakeholders, including the local government to ensure well-coordinated implementation of the project; and
- Assist to the Executive Director for the implementation of the decisions taken under the project.
- Identify the WPS Champaigns and facilitate learning and sharing to expedite their efforts to increase women’s participation and leadership through network approach with the support from the Executive Director and Sajhedari focal person.
- Consult with thematic experts and relevant project staffs, coordinate, design and conduct training and other capacity enhancement activities for the relevant stakeholders at local levels, including developing the training tools and methodologies;
- Identify the potential participants through WPS Champaign’s network and provide women’s leadership capacity through a tailored training package.
- Catalyze “leadership Labs” to further peer-to-peer learning and solidify mentorship relationships.Support the project’s effort to build and strengthen the capacity of women’s leadership to address emergent women’s issues resulting from the COVID-19 crisis and contribute to peace, security and reconciliation.
- Follow-up and evaluate the impact of capacity enhancement activities conducted under the project as well as by external stakeholders that benefit the project staff;
- Backstop to project staffs in their project delivery and institutional capacity building initiatives to increase their knowledge and skills in participatory project implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Engage with likeminded stakeholders, including the government, in capacity building of women political leaders at local and provincial level;
Evidence, Lessons Learnt and Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop and update M&E framework to ensure M&E components of the project to ensure regular participatory monitoring of the project implementation and its impact, including through the preparation of monitoring tools;
- Take initiatives to document, share lessons learnt, best practice of the project with JuRI-Nepal and DPs including critical issues if any, and ensure exchange of information and experience with other projects.
Institutional development support to JuRI-Nepal:
- Streamline the project approach and strategies with the overall Strategic Plan and policies of JuRI-Nepal;
- Support the partnership and advocacy activities of JuRI-Nepal as to complement the advocacy initiatives under the project;
- Provide policy input to JuRI-Nepal as and when required.
- Ensure preparation of event, progress and annual reports together with the project staff in line with the agreed template provided by the donor and coordinate with the Executive Director of JuRI-Nepal to finalize the reports.
- Ensure timely submission of the reports to the donor and the Executive Board of JuRI-Nepal.
- Undertake other activities for the project as requested by the Executive Director and Executive Board of JuRI-Nepal.
Qualification, Required Skills and Experience:
- At least Master’s Degree in law, management and or social sciences or related field;
- At least five years of working experiences in the area of human rights, women peace and security, democratic governance, empowerment of local government, enhancing citizen participation in governanceand human rights;
- Experience of promoting citizen engagement at both national and sub-national level;
- Proven record of accomplishment and sound knowledge on governance, women empowerment and related projects.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software systems;
- Good communication skill in Nepali and English.
Language Requirements: The incumbent must have fluency in English and Nepali language. Working knowledge of local language is preferred.
Duty Station: The duty station of the incumbent will be assigned inDhangadi with necessary and frequent travel to the project areas.
Duration of Contract Service: The post is for 10 months contract with possibility of extension. But, there will be three-month’ probation period starting from the date of contract begins.
Benefit and Allowances: JuRI-Nepal offers facilities as per its organizational policies.
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria are encouraged to submit their Cover Letter mentioning your expected salary along with updated CV through email to JuRI-Nepal at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 5:00 pm, 12th August 2021
(First date of publication: 24 February, 2020)
Justice and Rights Institute-Nepal (JuRI-Nepal) established in 2011 brings together human rights professionals with an extensive experience on human rights, rule of law and gender and social justice. JuRI-Nepal aims at creating a fair, just and inclusive democratic society where everyone can enjoy their human rights-civil, economic, social, political and cultural on equal basis.
In order for JuRI-Nepal to achieve the objectives set forth in the statute, it is currently implementing projects such as Promoting Human Dignity Project in partnership with IM Swedish Development Partner, Comprehensive Capacity Development Support to Elected Women Representatives and Promoting Gender Responsive and Inclusive Sub-National Governance in Nepal’s Sudurpaschim Province Project with UN Women and Effective NHRIs for Advancing Human Rights (ENHAR) Project together with Open Society Policy Center (OSPC).
In addition to the projects under operation, JuRI-Nepal implements institutional development activities, including policy advocacy in line with the five year strategic plan and its strategic priorities. Please visit our website for more information at www.jurinepal.org.np.
The Recruitment Committee of JuRI-Nepal following a management decision has invited applications from the qualified candidates for the post of Executive Director (ED). Therefore, interested and eligible candidates, including JuRI’s professional members, staff, and external applicants that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply.
Position: Executive Director -1 (60 – 70% time – negotiable)
Duty Station: Kathmandu (with frequent visits as per the need of the organization).
Period of work: One year (with possible extension based on availability of fund and performance appraisal).
Main purpose of the job: As per the Terms of Reference (ToR) mentioned below.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum qualifications –
- Master’s degree in human rights, law, social sciences, development studies or any other relevant subjects from recognized university with minimum seven years of working experience in human rights and development sector with particular focus on project management and program development.
- Other work experience required –
- Minimum ten years of working experience in the senior management positions.
- Excellent coordination, networking, communication and facilitation skills.
- Human rights expert with advocacy skills and knowledge.
- Fund raising and organizational development skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Nepali.
- Annual gross salary: Gross figure NPR 13,56,000/annual (Inclusive of P.F.10% Gratuity 8.33% and Festival Allowances 8.33%).
To apply: Interested candidates, JuRI-Nepal’s members and staffs can submit a recent CV and motivation letter to email@example.com or drop printed copies of these documents to JuRI-Nepal, Jwagal, Lalitpur (house no 20, opposite of UN Park, Jwagal, Lalitpur) by 17:00 Hrs, March, 3, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for further selection process.
(Female and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are highly encouraged to apply).
Justice and Rights Institute-Nepal (JuRI-Nepal) is non-governmental organization working in the field of human rights, social justice and rule of law.
JuRI-Nepal together with National Dalit Social Welfare Organization (NDSWO), is implementing Pilot Project on Providing Comprehensive Capacity Development Support to Elected Women Representatives and Promoting Gender Responsive and Inclusive Sub-National Governance in Nepal’s Sudurpaschim provincewith the support from UN Women in Sudurpaschim Province.
JuRI-Nepal invites applications from experienced and qualified Nepali citizens for the following positions.
Job Title: Admin and Finance Coordinator
Responsible to: Project Manager, Executive Director, JuRI-Nepal
Location: Lalitpur (Field visit based on the project requirements)
Job duration: One year with possibility of extension
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever. Candidates from underprivileged groups, female and person with disability are encouraged to apply.