UN BODY URGES NEPAL TO INVESTIGATE, PROSECUTE AND AFFORD REDRESS TO VICTIM OF RAPE IN LANDMARK RULING REGARDING SEXUAL VIOLENCE IN CONFLICT. Advocacy Forum, REDRESS, JuRI-Nepal and TRAIL-International jointly call on the Government of Nepal to:
1. Immediately implement the decision of the UN Human Rights Committee by investigating the facts, and prosecuting and punishing the perpetrators;
2. Ensure that the victim has access to all the necessary rehabilitation and medical treatment;
3. Provide effective and full reparation to the victim;
4. Ensure the confidentially and protection of the victim and her family;
5. Adopt legislation criminalizing torture and disappearances and permitting investigation and prosecution of; conflict-era crimes,
6. Lift any time limitations on prosecutions for rape;
7. Take all the other steps identified by the Committee to prevent future violations and remove barriers to justice to victims of rape.